12 of the clubs trip leaders and coaches met to go over some of the recent changes and improvements to how the club runs trips, and to answer any burning questions. Graham hosted with pizza, coffee and cake a plenty. Some of the main things covered were:-
– the club has adopted a pragmatic approach to who can be trip leaders, formal qualifications aren’t needed but a base of training, experience and willingness are the key.
– Where junior members are involved a qualified coach and an up to date first aider are needed.
– the club has had to consider these things and to address them a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) pulls everything together. The SOP is supported by things such as top tip sheets, club trip forms etc. All the club document are available on the club website – http://dckc.co.uk/members-pages/club-documents/ (there is a generic club password for members to access the club pages – ask a committee member or coach to let you know it)
– We have tidied up the webpage with all the info on the club’s coaches and trip leaders and this is shown at http://dckc.co.uk/about/coaches-and-coaching/. This is still a work in progress so please email graham with any missing qualifications or corrections and also an image you may want of you.
– An info sheet is now available showing how to write up trip reports for the website and also how to add trips and events. A copy is available – email firstname.lastname@example.org Even better the trip reports can easily have lots of images from the club’s gallery at www.dckc.smugmug.com